Strategy consulting graduate analyst – Munich – Sept 2021 start
- Online seit 07.06.2021
CIL is a fast-growing consulting firm with a market-leading position within our niche. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses in Europe, the UK, and the US. We also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to some of the most successful small businesses. We work across a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, IT, financial services, media, industrials, leisure, business services and many others.
Following the success of our Chicago office and our work with DACH clients, we are now hiring for a new Munich office. This is a great opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial start-up office with the backing of an international and mature business – throughout, those in Germany will be supported by over 100 colleagues in the UK and over 20 in the US. Those hired will be core members of the German team as it scales and will have high levels of client and partner exposure, as well as the opportunity for rapid progression.
Although we work in structured project teams, we are socially very equal, lively, and inclusive. There are no corner offices, no cliques, and minimal travel – we work in open-plan offices and are not political. We think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ.
The analyst role is the first stage in a strategy consultant’s career. It is a highly demanding job – we will expect a lot from you, but you will receive first class training and will gain valuable experience with which to build a successful career. CIL analysts are an integral part of our project teams, and over their first year will be expected to:
- Grasp new business models quickly, typically working on a different project every 4-6 weeks.
- Take responsibility for testing commercial hypotheses through collecting and interrogating primary and secondary research.
- Carry out rigorous quantitative analysis of industry and internal company datasets.
- Play a key role in debating and refining hypotheses with the project manager and project leader, drafting clear & concise output for inclusion in the final report once agreed.
- Get in front of clients and help present our findings – we firmly believe that early client exposure is a great way to learn & develop.
- Help coach others. We have two new graduate intakes each year so after six months, our analysts will be expected to support new joiners in their own development.
We are committed to being the best consultancy to work for in our field. As well as the benefits below, we pride ourselves on being flexible to the needs and personal circumstances of every single employee. The main benefits we offer include:
- Rapid, meritocratic progression, with exposure to investors and management teams right from the start.
- A high-quality training programme delivered within a hugely supportive learning environment (including structured training modules to take you from analyst to partner and financial support to study for relevant qualifications).
- Competitive remuneration, and participation in our generous company bonus scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement (30 days).
- Flexible working options, with little travel and the potential to work from home.
- Initiatives to limit weekend working and to give time back in lieu of long hours worked.
- Regular company events & socials, as well as post-project team meals.
- An incredible company culture, with encouragement to pursue activities & interests outside of work.
- Sabbatical and secondment opportunities to our UK office as you progress through the company.
What CIL people are like:
We have a team of over 100 highly qualified, highly skilled people across our offices. Successful CIL people share some key attributes:
- Strong academic background (we are degree agnostic) from a world class university.
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems.
- Motivation and ambition, able to stand on their own two feet.
- Strong team working and people skills.
- Outstanding numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Humility and quiet self-confidence – we are not an ‘alpha’ environment.
- A keen sense of humour and broad shoulders.
We also encourage our people to pursue activities outside of work and keep their hobbies & interests from university going.
We have strict qualification criteria. These are:
- Outstanding academic record from a top university, any discipline.
- At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have the right to work in Germany. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship.
- Excellent numeracy and business proficient written and spoken English and German.
Other language skills are an advantage, with many of our assignments featuring an international element.
To apply to the September 2021 Analyst role in our Munich office, please follow this link:
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- CIL Management Consultants
- 80335 Munich, Deutschland
- Marguerite Scoular