Universität zu Köln | Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Postdoctoral Position (m/f/d) - Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Online seit 06.01.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Postdoctoral Position (m/f/d)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The German Research Foundation has granted the funding of a Collaborative Research Centre / Transregio (CRC/TRR 191) on Symplectic Structures in Geometry, Algebra and Dynamics. This CRC is based at the universities of Bochum, Cologne and Heidelberg, and it includes mathematicians from Aachen University.
Within this CRC, 17 individual projects will be funded. The funding comprises 12 full-time postdoctoral positions. With this advertisement we are seeking a postdoc for Project C4, within the CRC, see https://sites.google.com/view/crc-trr-191-open-positions
- Research in project C4
- Participation in the activities of the CRC
- Participation in teaching
We are seeking a candidate holding a very good Ph.D. in an area relevant to Project C4 (Combinatorics of manifolds with symmetries and modularity properties). Applicants should be fluent in written and spoken German or English. A good proficiency in English is expected of all candidates.
WE OFFER YOU
- The CRC provides an excellent infrastructure for training and research in an internationally visible network, and we offer intensive support for international students and postdocs.
- There are specially dedicated funds to support researchers with children.
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from the 01.09.2021 on a full-time basis. It is limited to 31.08.2023. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration
group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email with the reference number Wiss2101-01 to Prof. Dr. Silvia Sabatini (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application material (covering letter, cv, relevant degree certificates) should be sent as a single pdf file, the Ph.D. thesis as a further pdf file. One or two letters of reference should be sent directly by the referees.The application deadline is 31.01.2021.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- bis 31.08.2023
- TV-L 13
- Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau Prof. Dr. Silvia Sabatini