Universität zu Köln | CRC 1451 | University of Cologne & Forschungszentrum Jülich
Postdoctoral Position (f/m/d) - University of Cologne & Forschungszentrum Jülich
- Online seit 23.12.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Postdoctoral Position (f/m/d)
CRC 1451 | University of Cologne & Forschungszentrum Jülich
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The postdoctoral position will be part of the Collaborative Research Centre (CRC 1451) “Key mechanisms of motor control in health and disease”. This CRC consists of an international group of researchers from neurosciences and other disciplines. It aims to provide an integrated view of the neurobiological underpinnings of motor control and its disturbances.
The successful candidate will investigate motor preparation and reprogramming under a predictive coding perspective using neuroimaging and computational modelling, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Simone Vossel and Dr. Paola Mengotti. Places of employment will be the University of Cologne and the Forschungszentrum Jülich (Cognitive Neuroscience, INM-3).
- Design, acquisition and analysis of behavioral and fMRI data from younger and older healthy adults
- Application of computational models for behavior and brain activity (such as dynamic causal modelling, DCM)
- Presentation and publication of the results
- Interaction with team members and collaborators from the CRC and the INM-3
- Completed study in Cognitive or Computational Neuroscience, Psychology, Biology or related disciplines including an excellent doctoral degree
- Significant programming skills (preferably Matlab or Python)
- Keen interest in cognitive and motor neuroscience
- Experience with the conduction of fMRI experiments and/or computational modelling
- Proven scientific achievements as evidenced by publications in international, peer-reviewed journals
- Good communication skills, fluency in English
- Intrinsic motivation, initiative, and an ability to work independently
WE OFFER YOU
- international, interdisciplinary and collaborative working atmosphere
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from now on a full-time basis. It is limited to 31.12.2024. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2012-33 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 17.01.2021.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited to 31.12.2024
- TV-L 13
- Sonntag, 17. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- CRC 1451 | University of Cologne & Forschungszentrum Jülich
- 50923 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau Jun.-Prof. Dr. Simone Vossel