Universität zu Köln | Institute of Zoology
- Online seit 11.12.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Institute of Zoology
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
A Postdoc Position is available under the joint supervision of Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges and Prof. Dr. Kei Ito in the DFG-cofunded international NeuroNex-project „Communication, Coordination and Control of Neuromechanical Systems“ in the Institute of Zoology at the University of Cologne (https://neuronex.org/projects/23). The project is aming to unravel the interaction between sensorysignals from the appendages of an animal with neural networks in the central nervous system underlying the generation of motor flexibility in locomotion.
- With the project work, you will be combining cutting-edge techniques such as electrophysiology, calcium imaging and optogenetics in the fruit fly to unravel how the nervous system controls flexible and adaptive motor behavior
- You should have an excellent doctoral degree in biology or a related field of research and you should be competent in particular in life-imaging techniques.
WE OFFER YOU
- collaboration in a large scale international research project bridging experimental neurosciences with modelling and robotics (https://neuronex.org/projects/23).
- integration in a highly dynamic research environment in the neurosciences at the Institute of Zoology at the University of Cologne (https://zoologie.uni-koeln.de/en/).
- participation in the postdoctoral mentoring and support programmes offered by the Albertus-Magnus Center of the University of Cologne and the Graduate School for Biological Sciences, with advanced training opportunities to optimally support your professional development diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 15. March 2021 on a full-time postdoctoral basis. It is limited to a term up to three years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application including a CV, a list of publications, copies of certificates, a list of three scientists available to supply a letter of reference for you and proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2012-05 to office-neuro-physiol@.uni-koeln.de.The application deadline is the 15. January 2021.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited to a term up to three years
- TV-L 13
- Freitag, 15. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute of Zoology
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges