Universität zu Köln | CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
Postdoc (f/m/d) position CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
- Online seit 31.03.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Postdoc (f/m/d) position
CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Cabreiro lab (www.cabreirolab.org) aims at understanding how microbes alter specific metabolic and signaling pathways in host cells to maintain systemic homeostasis and suppress aging. Our research interests span several fields including organismal and cell biology, metabolism, microbiology, pharmacology and systems biology. We seek a highly motivated Postdoc (f/m/d), who will investigate microbiome-related mechanisms in regulating host immunity, metabolism and aging.
- Combine the power of C. elegans genetics with automated high-throughput screens.
- Use microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry and imaging techniques.
- Perform transcriptomic, proteomic and metabolic studies of host and/or microbiome samples.
- To accurately record and judiciously analyze and present experimental data.
- Drive your own research project under direct supervision of the PI.
- Work independently to efficiently meet deadlines.
- Collect preliminary data and apply for fellowship funding with the support of the PI.
WE OFFER YOU
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- » Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from the 01.07.2021on a full-time basis (39,83 hours per week). The position is limited for three years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online with proof of the sought qualifications, including a CV and a one- to two-page letter of interest (both written in English) and contact information for 2-3 academic references at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de. The reference number is Wiss2102-04. The application deadline is 14.04.2021. All questions regarding the post and/or project should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Filipe Cabreiro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A PhD in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent.
- Proven hands-on-experience of biochemistry and/or molecular biology and/or cell biology and/or microbiology and/or microscopy imaging is essential.
- Proven hands-on-experience in C. elegans husbandry is essential.
- Knowledge of research and statistical methods is essential.
- Practical experience within a research environment and / or publication in relevant journals.
- Proficient written and spoken English.
- Evidence of great communication and team work skills, curiositydriven science and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working time, due to long-term experiments.
- Willingness to travel both within Germany and abroad to conduct research and attend conferences is essential.
- Hands-on-experience of experimental and computational omics methods is desirable.
- Experience in microbiology or systems biology is desirable.
- A background in physiology, metabolism or aging is a plus.
- Proficiency in R studio programming language is desirable.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- The position is limited for three years.
- remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Mittwoch, 14. April 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Filipe Cabreiro