Universität zu Köln | Institute for Genetics | CECAD Research Center | Rugarli lab
Post-doc position (f/m/d) Institute for Genetics | CECAD Research Center
- Online seit 17.06.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Post-doc position (f/m/d)
Institute for Genetics | CECAD Research Center | Rugarli lab
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
One post-doc position is available in the group of Elena Rugarli ( http://rugarli.cecad-labs.uni-koeln.de/Home.425.0.html ) at the Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-
Associated Diseases (CECAD), and Institute for Genetics of the University of Cologne. Our group is interested in studying how disturbance of mitochondrial quality control leads to neurodegenerative diseases. We investigate intra-mitochondrial quality control component, as well as the role of RNA-binding proteins regulating mitochondrial function. We seek enthusiastic and highly motivated scientists interested in research on mitochondria and neurodegeneration. A Ph.D. degree or equivalent is required. Candidates with previous experience in the fields of neurobiology, mitochondrial or RNA biology will be preferred.
- To develop a project in the field of mitochondrial quality control and axonal degeneration
- To drive your own research project under the supervison of the Principal Investigator
- To accurately record and analyse your data, according to good scientific practise
WE OFFER YOU
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.01.2022 or upon mutal agreement on a full-time basis (39,83 hours per week). It is limited for 2 years with possibility of extension. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications, including: Curriculum vitae with lists of publications, awards, oral presentations at international conferences; a letter of motivation, including a brief summary of research achievements and future research plans (max two pages); the contact details of two referees.
The reference number is Wiss2106-03. The application deadline is 16.08.2021. All questions regarding the position should be addressed to the office: Claudia Ballweg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A PhD degree in Biology, Genetics, Neurobiology or equivalent
- Practical experience in a broad range of molecular, biochemical and neurobiological techniques is essential
- A research background in neurobiology, mitochondrial research or RNA biology is a plus
- Previous experience in working with mouse models and neuronal primary cultures is a plus
- Previous experience with RNA-binding proteins is a plus
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited for 2 years with possibility of extension
- remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Montag, 16. August 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute for Genetics | CECAD Research Center | Rugarli lab
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau Claudia Ballweg