Universität zu Köln | CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
PhD student Microbiome in Aging - research organism C. elegans (f/m/d)
- Online seit 05.02.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
PhD student „Microbiome in Aging“ - research organism C. elegans (f/m/d)
CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Cabreiro lab (www.cabreirolab.org) aims at understanding how microbes alter specific metabolic and signaling pathways in host cells to maintain systemic homeostasis and suppress aging. Our research interests span several fields including organismal and cell biology, metabolism, microbiology, pharmacology and systems biology. We seek a highly motivated PhD student (f/m/d), who will investigate novel mechanisms employed by microbes in regulating host immunity, metabolism and aging.
- Combine the power of C. elegans genetics with automated high-throughput screens.
- Use molecular biology, biochemistry and imaging techniques.
- Perform metabolic, proteomic and transcriptomic studies of host and/or microbiome samples.
- To accurately record and judiciously analyze and present experimental data.
- Drive your own research project under direct supervision of the PI
WE OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to integrate into a top research group, in a dynamic and vibrant scientific community
- The access to state-of-the art infrastructure and services
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position (65%) is available from the 01.09.2021. The position is initially for three years with the possibility of extension. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 12/13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online with proof of the sought qualifications, including a CV and a one-page letter of interest (both written in English) and contact information for 2-3 academic references at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with the reference number Wiss2102-03. The application deadline is 31.03.2021. All questions should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Cabreiro (email@example.com).
- A completed BSc degree (ideally Master’s) in life sciences, microbiology or related fields.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Evidence of great communication and team work skills, curiosity- driven science and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in C. elegans husbandry is mandatory.
- Experience in microbiology or systems biology is desirable.
- A background in physiology, metabolism or aging is a plus.
- Proficiency in R studio programming language is desirable.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- The position is initially for three years with the possibility of extension.
- remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Mittwoch, 31. März 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- CECAD Research Center | Cabreiro Lab
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Filipe Cabreiro