Universität zu Köln | Institute of Zoology
PhD Position (w/m/d) - Institute of Zoology
- Online seit 23.12.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
PhD Position (w/m/d)
Institute of Zoology
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
One position for PhD students is available in the newly funded DFGSFB1451 entitled “Key mechanisms of motor control in health and disease” under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges and Prof. Dr. Kei Ito, Institute of Zoology at the University of Cologne. The project is aiming to unravel the neural mechanisms underlying the generation of motor flexibility in locomotion, here specifically changing speed of locomotion.
With the project work, you will be combining cutting-edge techniques such as electrophysiology, high-resolution laser microscopy, connectome analysis, calcium imaging, and optogenetics and quantitative analysis of locomotor behavior in the fruit fly to unravel how the nervous system controls flexible and adaptive motor behavior.
You should have an excellent master degree in biology or a related study programme and/or you should be competent in one or several of the methodological approaches indicated above.
WE OFFER YOU
- collaboration in a large scale collaborative research project (DFG-CRC1451) combining lifesciences, biomedical and medical research
- integration in a highly dynamic research environment in the neurosciences at the Institute of Zoology at the University of Cologne (https://zoologie.uni-koeln.de/en/)
- participation in the Graduate School for Biological Sciences,
- and a CRC specific structured graduate programme with advanced training opportunities to optimally support your doctoral thesis work during your project period
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available starting 15.04.2021 on a part-time basis (65%) and is initially limited to a term up to three years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications, your CV and a letter of motivation by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2012-12 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 31.01.2021.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited to a term up to three years
- TV-L 13
- Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute of Zoology
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges