Universität zu Köln | CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
PhD Position (f/m/d) in subproject C06 | Prominence in Language
- Online seit 23.12.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
PhD Position (f/m/d) in subproject C06
CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language is characterized by a dynamic research environment, which is represented by 22 subprojects within the field of linguistics. This call is valid for the subproject C06 „Prominence in subordinating rhetorical relations“ under the direction of PD Dr. Katja Jasinskaja (https://sfb1252.uni-koeln.de/en/).
- prepare, conduct, and analyze dialogue elicitation experiments, including data annotation and statistical analyses
- complete and defend a doctoral thesis on a related topic within the contract period
- present intermediate results at international workshops and conferences, co-publish research articles with the principle investigator
WE OFFER YOU
- a well established research network
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.04.2021 on a part-time basis (25,89 hours per week / 65%). It is limited to 31.12.2024. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2012-22 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not include a photo with your application. In addition to the usual documents, please send your Master‘s thesis or, if it has not yet been completed, if possible two to three preliminary chapters of the Master‘s thesis as well as two representative term papers. The application deadline is 31.01.2021.
- university degree in linguistics or related field
- familiarity with experimental methodology
- keen interest in learning new experimental methods and statistics, and ability to quickly adapt to new research topics
- excellent research skills, ability to conduct independent research
- excellent command of English and German
- programming skills not required, but an asset
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- It is limited to 31.12.2024.
- Vergütung nach der Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L
- Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau PD Dr. Katja Jasinskaja