Universität zu Köln | CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
Phd Position (f/m/d) in subproject B02 - CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
- Online seit 22.12.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Phd Position (f/m/d) in subproject B02
CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The CRC 1252 | Prominence in Languagenis characterized by a dynamic research environment, represented by 22 sub-projects within the field of linguistics. This call is for the subproject B02 “Split case marking and constituent order variation in East Africa“ under the direction of Prof.‘ Dr.‘ Birgit Hellwig and Jun.-Prof.‘ Dr.‘ Alice Mitchell (https://sfb1252.uni-koeln.de/en/).
- conduct a typological study of split case marking in East Africa
- conduct corpus-based research on split case marking and constituent order variation in selected Nilotic languages
- provide scientific and administrative support for the project team
- option to conduct own field research
- master’s degree in linguistics (or related field)
- academic interests in grammar, discourse, and linguistic diversity
- good organization skills and ability to work independently
- good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- good knowledge of English and German (or willingness to learn German)
WE OFFER YOU
- a vibrant research environment and well established research network
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.04.2021 on a part-time basis (25,89 hours per week / 65%). It is limited to 31.12.2024. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application by email (in one pdf-file) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number Wiss2012-25. Please do not include a photo with your application. In addition to the usual documents, please send your Master‘s thesis or, if it has not yet been completed, if possible two to three preliminary chapters of the Master‘s thesis as well as two representative term papers. The application deadline is 31.01.2021. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Michael Remmy (email@example.com).
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited to 31.12.2024
- TV-L 13
- Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- CRC 1252 | Prominence in Language
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Michael Remmy