Universität zu Köln | Institute of Zoology
PhD Position (f/m/d) in the NeuroNex-project | Institute of Zoology
- Online seit 23.04.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
PhD Position (f/m/d) in the NeuroNex-project
Institute of Zoology | AG Büschges
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
A position for a PhD student (f/m/d) is available in the international NeuroNex-project „Communication, Coordination and Control of Neuromechanical Systems“ in the DFG funded project under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges, Institute of Zoology at the University of Cologne (https://case.edu/neuronex/about). The project is aming to unravel the interaction between sensory signals from the appendages of an animal with neural networks in the central nervous system underlying the generation of motor flexibility in locomotion.
- With the project work, you will be combining cutting-edge techniques such as electrophysiology, calcium imaging, optogenetics and quantitative analysis of locomotor behavior in the fruit fly to unravel how the nervous system controls flexible and adaptive motor behavior.
WE OFFER YOU
- collaboration in a large scale international research project bridging experimental neurosciences with modelling and robotics (https://case.edu/neuronex/about)
- integration in a highly dynamic research environment in the neurosciences at the Institute of Zoology at the University of Cologne (https://zoologie.uni-koeln.de/en/)
- participation in the Graduate School for Biological Sciences, Association with the Research Training Group „Neural Circuit Analysis on the Cellular and Subcellular Level“ (https://rtg-nca.uni-koeln.de/) with advanced training opportunities to optimally support your doctoral thesis work and period
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available as soon as possible on a part-time basis (65%) and is limited to a term up to three years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application by email (in one pdf-file) including your CV and a letter of motivation with the reference number Wiss2104-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is the 31.05.2021.
- You should have an excellent master degree in biology or a related study programme and/or you should be competent in one or several of the methodological approaches named above.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited to a term up to three years
- remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Montag, 31. Mai 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute of Zoology
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges