Universität zu Köln | Institute of Physical Chemistry
PhD Position (f/m/d) Disch Group | Institute of Physical Chemistry
- Online seit 14.01.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
PhD Position (f/m/d)
Disch Group | Institute of Physical Chemistry
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The research activities of the Physical Chemistry Institute are at the boundary between chemistry, physics, and materials science, and are concerned with the relationship between molecular/nanoscale structure and the resulting physical properties of functional materials.
The research group of Dr. Sabrina Disch has a focus on the magnetic properties of nanoparticles and self-organized nanostructures (https://nanostr.uni-koeln.de/). This project aims at investigating the magnetization distribution and dynamics in multi-component magnetic nanoparticles using polarized neutron scattering.
- synthesize magnetic nanoparticles using wet-chemical techniques (thermal decomposition)
- analyze structural and magnetic properties of nanoparticles
- carry out and evaluate X-ray and neutron scattering experiments at external facilities
- participate in the development of the project and contribute ideas
- present and discuss results in seminars and at conferences
- publish results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
WE OFFER YOU
- training in a highly motivated, small research group in an international and interdisciplinary working environment
- participation in the Cologne Graduate School Chemistry
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.04.2021 on a part-time basis (19,92 hours per week / 50%). It is initially limited to two years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss2101-10. Inquiries about the PhD project should be addressed to Dr. Sabrina Disch (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application deadline is 15.02.2021.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field
- background in nanoparticle synthesis
- experience in X-ray/neutron scattering techniques
- computational skills or willingness to learn will be beneficial
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- It is initially limited to two years
- Vergütung nach der Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L
- Montag, 15. Februar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute of Physical Chemistry
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau Dr. Sabrina Disch