Universität zu Köln | CEPLAS
Join the CEPLAS Graduate School for Plant Sciences in Germany!
- Online seit 09.11.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
15 fully funded PhD fellowships for students with a Bachelor´s degree in Biology or related fields
CEPLAS – Cluster of Excellence on Plant Sciences is Germany’s prestigious research cluster on plant sciences. In an interdisciplinary approach, CEPLAS researchers investigate the characteristics and mechanisms of complex plant traits and their impact on plant performance and adaptation. This knowledge builds a foundation for sustainable cultivation of food, feed and energy crops. CEPLAS is a joint venture of the Universities of Cologne and Düsseldorf, the Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research and the Forschungszentrum Jülich.
The CEPLAS Graduate School offers a comprehensive graduate program covering the fields of molecular plant sciences, plant genetics, synthetic biology as well as quantitative and computational biology. The program leads students with a Bachelor’s degree through a unique qualification phase to the PhD. The program starts in October 2021.
- An international and interdisciplinary research environment with a renowned faculty, excellent training and research infrastructure
- A graduate program comprising a 1-year qualification phase followed by a 3-4-year doctoral research period, with total funding up to five years
- Comprehensive training program with courses in scientific and transferable skills, lectures, seminars and practical courses in state-of-the-art laboratories, conducted in English
- No tuition fees charged, extensive administrative support for international students
- About the online application and the CEPLAS Graduate School: www.ceplas.eu
- Application deadline: November 30, 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a selection workshop which takes place om March 2 and 3, 2021
We are looking for:
- Talented and highly motivated students holding an excellent B.Sc. degree or equivalent in cell or molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, computational biology/bioinformatics, quantitative or synthetic biology or related disciplines, fluency in written and spoken English. A completed bachelor’s degree is required at the start of the CEPLAS Graduate School program in October 2021. Students holding a master’s degree already are not eligible for the CEPLAS Graduate School programme.
- Passionate future plant scientists who want to contribute to the fundamental understanding of plant characteristics and mechanisms underlying plant performance and adaptation
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- The programme starts in October 2021
- Qualification phase: stipend of 800 €/month, PhD phase: up to 65 % (E12/E13, TV-L)
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Zülpicher Strasse 47b
- 50674 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau Dr. Nadine Rademacher