Universität zu Köln | Chair in Marketing Science and Analytics
Doctoral Student (f/m/d) / Chair in Marketing Science and Analytics
- Online seit 14.10.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences
Doctoral Student (f/m/d)
Chair in Marketing Science and Analytics
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Chair in Marketing Science and Analytics (Prof. Dr. Marc Fischer) focuses on solving managerial problems by using quantitative methods and data analytics. Research projects often start with the implemented solution to a specific problem of a company. Our areas of expertise in research and teaching are marketing performance management, marketing analytics including ML/AI applications, and brand management.
We highly encourage candidates to get in contact with us before the end of their studies.
- the successful completion of your dissertation under professional supervision
- involvement in high-quality research projects with the aim to publish them in international journals and to present them at international conferences
- support in market research projects
- support in teaching and administration of the chair
WE OFFER YOU
- a pleasant working atmosphere in an internationally oriented team
- intensive supervision and the opportunity to attain a doctoral degree
- a marketing area with currently 4 full professors, 5 junior/assistant professors, and 13 PhD students
- participation in international conferences
- an international scientific networkfä
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available as of January 1st, 2022 or later on a part-time basis (75% / 29,87 hours per week). It starts with a two-year contract with the option of extension for 3 more years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss2110-06. The application deadline is 14.11.2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr Lars Gemmer, +49 221 470 8681.
- we are looking for strong candidates with a businessrelated master degree that includes but is not limited to business administration, information systems, computer science, economics, or engineering
- above-average achievements in your studies
- strong interest in scientific work in marketing research with the aim to obtain a doctoral degree
- strong analytical (quantitative and computational) abilities
- very good written and oral command of the English language
- high motivation and the ability to work independently
- Skills in digital marketing, social media marketing, machine learning, text analyses, and other computer science based deep learning methods will be an added advantage
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- a two-year contract with the option of extension
- remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Sonntag, 14. November 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Chair in Marketing Science and Analytics
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Lars Gemmer