Universität zu Köln | Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Science
Assistant Professorship (W1) (f/m/d) Jülicher Modell via BIBB
- Online seit 26.01.2021
University of Cologne
Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Science
Assistant Professorship in Sociology, Empirical Methods in Vocational Education and Training (W1, “Jülicher Modell via BIBB”), (f/m/d)
The University of Cologne is one of the oldest and largest universities in Germany. With its six Faculties covering a broad spectrum of disciplines and its internationally outstanding research profile areas, it enjoys an excellent reputation for its academic achievements and high standards of undergraduate and graduate education.
The professorship is funded by the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB), Bonn, and will be hosted by the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences. The BIBB is a recognised research centre in initial and continuing vocational education in Germany. The professorship is intended to establish a link between fundamental academic empirical methods for sociological research on Vocational Education and Training (VET) and current VET policy problems at BIBB. The candidate will be appointed at the University of Cologne and at the same time be granted leave of absence in order to work for BIBB (Jülicher Model). Within BIBB’s young researcher programme, the candidate will be responsible for developing new research approaches and for providing methodological advice to the next generation of BIBB researchers.
- The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research and teaching of the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences and BIBB. The research of the endowed assistant professorship should deal with causal methods to analyse quantitative longitudinal or cross-sectional data in VET. She/he will advise young researchers and collaborate with the research data centre at BIBB. Upon appointment, the candidate is expected to engage in collaborative research within the Faculty and to develop joint research activities between the BIBB and the University of Cologne.
The University of Cologne and BIBB provide stimulating environments with a wide range of career development opportunities as well as support services for dual career couples and family-friendly working conditions.
The position (of a Juniorprofessorin / Juniorprofessor) is available as of 01.07.2021 or based on mutual agreement. Formal requirements are detailed in Section 36 of the Higher Education Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Hochschulgesetz – HG NRW).
In the third year after entering into office, an interim evaluation is held. This serves as the basis for the decision as to whether an extension for a further three years will be granted to the candidate.
The W1 professorship (Jülicher Modell) comprise a teaching load of two hours per week (i.e., two hours per week is one 90-minute course per semester). Supervision of Bachelor and Master Theses is appreciated.
The University of Cologne and BIBB are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please submit your application via the University of Cologne’s Academic Job Portal (https://professorships.uni-koeln.de) by 08.03.2021. Your application should be addressed to the Dean of the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Science. Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and, if available, a list of publications and a copy of the dissertation. For further information please contact Prof. Marita Jacob (Marita.Jacob@uni-koeln.de).
- We are seeking an academic at an early career stage with an excellent potential in research and teaching. In particular, the research profile should address VET, educational research or occupational research.
- The candidate should possess solid knowledge in advanced quantitative empirical social research.
- An international research orientation is appreciated.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Montag, 08. März 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Science
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Frau Prof. Marita Jacob