Universität zu Köln | Institute of Sociology and Social Psychology (ISS)
2 Post-Doctoral Researchers (f/m/d)Institute of Sociology and Social Psychology
- Online seit 01.07.2021
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences
2 Post-Doctoral Researchers (f/m/d)
Institute of Sociology and Social Psychology (ISS)
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The positions (f/m/d) (100%, 24 months) are available on the DFG project “Demographic and Social Pathways of Educational Reproduction: A Cross-National Study” headed by Thomas Leopold and Gordey Yastrebov in cooperation with Jan Skopek (Trinity College, Dublin).
- analyzing national and cross-national survey data and register data (experience with GGS, FFS, ISSP, ESS, SHARE, etc. is welcome)
- collaborating in the development of research articles related to the project
- the positions do not entail teaching obligations but teaching is possible on a voluntary basis
WE OFFER YOU
- funding for research activities within the remit of the project
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
Both positions are available on full-time contracts of 24 months duration. The earliest possible start date is October 1, 2021. A later start date is possible. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2106-13 to email@example.com. The application deadline is 16.08.2021. If you have any questions, please contact Gordey Yastrebov (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Successful candidates must hold a PhD degree (or close to completion) and have research experience in sociology, demography or closely related fields.
- We seek researchers working on intergenerational transmission of inequality, social mobility, assortative mating, and/or social inequality in family experiences and demographic behavior.
- We also encourage researchers focusing on methods of quantitative social research and/or formal demographic modelling to apply.
- Further requirements are a good research and publication record relative to career stage, and commitment to open science.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- contracts of 24 months duration
- remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Montag, 16. August 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Institute of Sociology and Social Psychology (ISS)
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Gordey Yastrebov