Universität zu Köln | Template-Designed Organic Electronics – TIDE
2 PhD positions (f/m/d) | Template-Designed Organic Electronics – TIDE
- Online seit 23.12.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
2 PhD positions (f/m/d)
RTG 2591| Template-Designed Organic Electronics – TIDE
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Research Training Group “Template-Designed Organic Electronics – TIDE”, funded by the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) invites for applications. We provide a unique research-oriented training program, embracing an interdisciplinary and cutting-edge research environment such as Organic Electronics. The RTG includes working groups belonging to organic synthesis, surfaces & interface sciences, device physics & applications, ultrafast spectroscopy, and quantum chemical theory & modelling. TIDE is a collaborative effort by the Depts. of Chemistry, and the Depts. of Physics at two Universities, the University of Cologne and the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn, Germany. The RTG will start in April 2021.
Please visit our homepage www.TIDE.uni-koeln.de for information on projects & program.
We seek for PhD candidates for the following projects:
- Project 1: „Ultrafast exciton and charge dynamics in ordered organic semiconductor systems“
- supervised by Prof. Paul van Loosdrecht
- Project 2: „Orientation, outcoupling and emission shaping in templated molecular layers“
- supervised by Prof. Malte Gather
WE OFFER YOU
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The positions are available from April 2021 on a part-time basis up to 75%. The positions are limited to term of up to three years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with the proof of the sought qualifications, motivation statement for project 1 or 2, with the reference number Wiss2012-34. The application deadline is 31.01.2021.
Inquiries about the PhD projects should be addressed to Prof. Paul van Loosdrecht (PvL@uni-koeln.de) for P1, or Prof. Malte Gather (Malte.Gather@uni-koeln.de) for P2. Inquiries about the program should be addressed to TIDEfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applying candidates should have recently obtained (or be about to obtain) a M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Physical Chemistry, or closely related study subject with excellent results, and intend to pursue graduate studies within the RTG research area “Template-Designed Organic Electronics”.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- The positions are limited to term of up to three years.
- Vergütung nach der Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L
- Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Template-Designed Organic Electronics – TIDE
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Prof. Dr. Klaus Meerholz